- This event has passed.
Peer Support Certification
February 8 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$175.00
The PSWEC Peer Supporter Certification is designed specifically for public safety professionals to meet the requirements for POST certification and peer support teams as laid out in Utah law 78B-5-901 “Public safety peer counseling”. This one-day course will guide public safety agencies needing to start a peer support team or help them strengthen their current one.
Participants will explore the following,
• Utah peer support law including allowances and limitations
• The role of a peer supporter
• Effective peer support team functioning and organization
• Mental wellness and psychological principles in public safety professionals
• Tools to empower the peer supporters
• Accessible resources