- This event has passed.
Policing the Teen Brain Training-Strategies for Youth Connecting Cops & Kids
May 4 @ 8:00 am - May 5 @ 5:00 pmFree
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Law Enforcement Officers who:
• Are looking for a better way to work
with the youth they see with on a day-today basis
• Are looking for insight into teen
behavior, mental health, and cultural
• Recognize that avoiding escalation with
youth will improve officer safety
This training will introduce you to important principles designed to help you have more
positive interactions with youth (age 10 – 24).
You will learn best practices for policing youth including:
• Reducing conflict & increasing officer safety
• Avoiding escalation of interactions with youth
• Demonstrating good communication approaches
• Using developmental competence to work with teens